Used Freightliner Columbia trucks are the very definition of pure efficiency and on-road dependability. Designed with wind-cheating aerodynamic features for low wind resistance, better fuel economy and confident handling.
The impressive chrome grill you see on used Columbia trucks not only looks great, but also provides superior cooling for even the biggest engines. From the driver’s seat, the dashboard is set lower than most trucks and features a large two-piece windshield for a clear, unobstructed view of the road.
Design and Performance
- The lightweight, aluminum cab offers a number of features including an improved door seal for reduced noise, an optional passenger-side sleeper door for easier access and a hingeless baggage door that’s larger than the opening for full compartment access.
- The up-to 50° wheel cut allows for tight maneuvering and backing
- Lightweight cab construction and components maximize fuel efficiency and increase payload capacity
- The large two-piece curved windshield allows for partial replacement, provides greater visibility and is sloped at an optimal 24° angle to reduce air drag and fuel costs
- The Equiflo Fuel System improves fuel efficiency and weight distribution
- 1,000 square-inch radiator improves engine efficiency
- Aerodynamic three-piece bumper reduces drag
- Drivers enjoy a smooth ride over the toughest highway conditions
- A wrap-around dash, mounted low for increased visibility, features backlit instruments that are easy to read, day or night.
- The EzyRider™ seat is specifically designed to enhance driver safety and minimize fatigue
- The 21-setting air conditioning and heating system is within easy reach and provides optimum climate control for the driver.
- Three-point driver and passenger seat belts with retractors and adjustable D-ring
- ServicePro®, Freightliner's revolutionary computer system puts technical information at the fingertips of Service Technicians who support Freightliner vehicles: vehicle service history, service bulletins, manuals and documentation, routines to quickly diagnose problems, parts ordering, repair procedures, warranty claim capabilities, and more
- The hood tilts a full 90° for easy access to the engine compartment.
- See-through fluid reservoirs allow instant checking of fluid levels.
- Three-piece bumper minimizes repair costs by allowing individual section replacement
- Headlight bulbs are easily accessible and can be replaced in minutes without the use of tools. The bulbs are also standard size for ease of availability and cost efficiency.
- The Power Distribution Module is located in the dash, directly in front of the passenger seat, for quick access to fuses.
- Cab meets or exceeds the rigorous Swedish and European ECE R-29 crash test requirements—the most accepted standards worldwide
- WABCO 4S/4M Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) ensures optimal braking on all road surfaces
- Aerodynamically designed "West Coast" fold-away style side-view mirrors
- Large convex mirrors provide wide angle visibility